Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Fool's Day

Tomorrow it begins. I actually have to listen to my insides and start writing again. One poem a day for 30 days.

Thank god I am on Spring Break this month.

I just hope I can handle the stress of getting it all together. Of actually being able to write something of quality each day. I'm pretty anxious about the whole thing. I have no idea what I am going to write about. I have no set in stone theme in mind. Or even something like a soft and dented one in mind.

Am I going to write about teaching inner city black kids?

Am I going to write about the stresses of my job and its effects on my family life?

Am I going to write about my marriage?

Am I going to write about my role as a step parent?

Am I going to write about my mother?

Am I going to write about politics?

Am I going to mix it all together like i usually do, but somehow in some genius way bring it all together?

This moment is so incredibly unreal to me. I have no ideas. I have words. But how... how can I bring these lack of ideas and turn them into things?

-A.P. Greco

No comments:

Post a Comment